The M6 Through Cumbria in to Scotland.

A new time-lapse video was filmed on my dash cam on probably one of the most scenic stretchers of motorway in the United Kingdom. The film starts as I was passing Burton in Kendall Services, which is just inside the Cumbria border with Lancashire, and carries on for approximately 75 miles up to junction 20 of the A74(m) Nr. Eaglesfield, Scotland. Sadly, on the day, the weather was pretty poor, but there are still sights to view, including crossing over Shap and some of the hills and mountains as we pass through the edges of the Lake District. A couple of points of interest along the route are the climb up to Shap summit, the run back down again, and crossing the Scottish border.
 
The footage was filmed for approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes, but I sped it up by 10 so the 75 miles were covered in just 8 minutes by my truck. It was filmed on a Vivitar DVR 783HD waterproof action cam on Monday, October 16, 2017. It can be viewed either here or on YouTube.

I see these Dash Cam and scenic view films as an extension of my photography, and I am just trying something different, so I hope they are of interest to people as well as myself. The camera was fixed in a straight-ahead, north-facing position on this occasion, but on some of the other videos I have yet to upload, I have fixed it at an angle to show off more of the scenery.

Popular Posts